Ten Qualities of a Good Employee
Every employer is looking for hardworking employees that they can count on to be long-term members of their team. If you are trying to prove yourself as a valued employee, remember that there are some basic characteristics you can display to impress your supervisor and increase job security.
- Have good attendance. Be punctual and show up for every scheduled shift.
- Dress appropriately for your work environment.
- Have a positive attitude about your job. Always be polite to co-workers and supervisors.
- Be prepared for work everyday. Pay attention, take notes and follow instructions carefully.
- Ask questions if you don’t understand an assignment.
- Be open to learning new things such as computer programs or the daily duties of a co-worker. Take responsibility when you make mistakes throughout the learning process.
- Be a team player. Collaborate with co-workers on projects, offer suggestions and be open to advice of others.
- Take initiative. Go above and beyond your supervisors’ expectations and find work to do before you are asked.
- Be honest. It is important that your employer feels they can trust you.
- Learn about the history and mission of your company. Being knowledgeable shows that you care about your company.
Displaying these qualities can change a temporary assignment into a permanent job, qualify you for a promotion, or simply earn you the respect you deserve! It may also increase your own feeling of job satisfaction!