Website Whitman Associates, Inc.
DC-based healthcare education nonprofit association seeks a permanent Government Affairs and Policy Coordinator to support department projects and activities.
- Handle external communications by drafting statements, letters, testimonies, and responses to legislation.
- Review information and provide relevant updates related to government agencies and congressional committees.
- Provide direct support to the department’s manager by assessing legislation, attending important meetings, and gathering relevant
- Write and present on important findings from meetings and briefings.
- Effectively organize the department by scheduling calls and meetings and keeping track of minutes.
- Support company initiatives and programs by creating content and coordinating outreach to gain sponsorships.
- Oversee the company’s intern program.
- Assist in the development and creation of the weekly newsletter.
- Maintain department based social media accounts and websites, as well as produce content for these online platforms.
- Coordinate company events.
- Create resources and materials for the department.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work both in a collaborative environment and act independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Experience with standard office procedures and practices.
- Proficiency in content creation platforms, such as InDesign and Canva.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or previous experience in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of prior experience, preferably in an association or policy setting.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 per year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not the right role for you? To be considered for other openings with Whitman Associates Inc, please submit your resume to us directly by emailing email@example.com.