Website Whitman Associates, Inc.
Human and civil rights advocacy organization seeks a Payroll and Benefits Specialist to join the Human Resources department to assist management of payroll, timekeeping, and benefits.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Human Resources and Administration, and other executive team members and staff to support program goals and strategies.
- Manage ADP payroll platform daily.
- Execute and document employee compensation, and address errors as necessary.
- Manage timekeeping data system to ensure accurate compensation and reporting.
- Track and maintain paid time off records.
- Maintain an electronic employee records system.
- Assist the Manager of Human Resources with data entry, tracking, and reporting.
- Assist the Board of Directors by attending necessary meetings and addressing questions or concerns.
- Review monthly reports to ensure accuracy.
- Research latest Human Resources best practices to improve office efficiency.
- Exhibit the organization’s core values to promote trust and transparency.
- Participate in decision-making processes, serve on committees, and attend fundraising events as requested.
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to make consistently accurate calculations.
- Comprehensive understanding of the payroll process.
- Understanding of a wide range of Human Resources practices and strategies.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to comply with federal and state regulations.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of accounting applications and functions.
- Adaptable with excellent time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or CPP preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience with payroll processing, garnishments, and taxes.
- Experience with government programs like unemployment and paid family leave preferred.
Salary: $60,000 – $75,000 per year.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org