Commuting to and from work can be a large source of stress for many professionals, and that stress can end up affecting your general mood and work performance each day in the office. Learn how to improve your commute by following the advice listed below:
- Listen to music
– Listening to upbeat music is a fun and easy way to boost your mood.
- Don’t stress over things you can’t control
– Traffic and delays with public transportation are incredibly frustrating, but they are unfortunately out of your control.
– Take preventative measures to avoid traffic or metro-delays as much as possible, and try not to let these issues cause you more stress.
– This recommendation is only for public transportation or carpool riders.
– E-readers make it easy for you to read on the go and are convenient to carry in your purse or briefcase.
– Use your mandatory time behind the wheel or sitting on the metro to socialize.
– If you drive to work every day, consider adding a carpool rider to talk to during your trip.
– On public transportation, you can easily make new friends and socialize with other riders.
- Take the scenic route
– Avoid high-traffic areas and take the scenic route once in a while.
– Driving the same route continuously day after day can start to wear on you, so change things up now and again by taking a different route.