Preparation for an interview is vital to ensure a great first impression. Here are a few tips to keep in mind before walking into an important interview.
- Be appropriately dressed.
- Wear no perfume or cologne (allergies are common).
- Bring a pen, notebook and extra copies of your resume and references.
- Do not carry more than a purse or briefcase.
- Make sure your shoes are shiny and clothes are wrinkle-free.
- Be sure that if you bring a cell phone, the power is off!
Take pride in your physical appearance for interviews. After all, the way you look directly influences an employer’s first impression. Look good, feel good and then let your personality do the talking!