Keeping your resume updated doesn’t need to be a laborious, time-consuming process. Follow the simple tips we’ve provided below and your resume will surely get noticed by the next hiring manager or recruiter who sees it.
- Make sure your font is legible: Use an easy to read, generic font, and avoid using any colors on your resume.
- Increase the font size for your name: Having your name look larger than the rest of the text will make you appear confident to hiring managers.
- Get rid of any unnecessary lines or borders: Hiring mangers and recruiters can scan a resume in under a minute, so make sure their sight line is clear.
- Use quantitative values: Recruiters like to see numbers and values on a resume. Rather than say you managed a group it would be beneficial to mention exactly how many people you were in charge of. Also, if you helped increase sales, mention the exact percentage of sales increase you were responsible for creating.
- Remove any unnecessary personal information: The only personal information that needs to be on your resume is your contact information. You don’t need to make a list of your personal interests or qualities.
By following our tips above, you can easily streamline your resume and increase your chances of getting noticed by a hiring manager!